Finding the right buyer for your Houston house can be a lot of work. Who knows how long it will take or how much they will offer? There are a number of variables to consider when listing your house the traditional way. In our latest post, we will help you compare your selling options, helping you to find the right buyer for your house right here in Houston.
The condition, location, urgency, and type of home will all come in to play when you are deciding on the most beneficial way to sell your house. For some people, listing their house with a Houston real estate agent can make sense. While for others, the wasted time and money simply aren’t worth it. When selling your Houston house, you can choose to hire an agent to try to sell on your behalf, sell the house on your own, or opt for a fast and direct sale to a local buyer. If your house needs a lot of work, if you don’t have the time to wait, or if you’d rather not gamble on the sale, selling your home directly could be the way to go. Before committing to a selling method, take the time to run the numbers for your property, then decide which selling method is right for your Houston house.
Things To Do If You List
The preparation for a successful listing can require a lot of work and preparation before the house is listed on the MLS. You will want to make any repairs that negatively impact the perception of your home. You’ll want to look at other comparable houses listed in your neighborhood and examine what you can do to make your house stand out. This might require some upgrades or the addition of some additional features or improvements to the house to bring it up to the highest market value.
Take a look at the people buying in the area, and plan accordingly. If there are a lot of families currently buying, you could fence in the backyard. Or if there are more singles, and young couples, you could focus on the entertaining areas such as the kitchen and backyard.
- No matter who you are marketing to, it is best to have the house professionally cleaned before having photos taken or showings scheduled.
- Hire a professional to do your photos. You might also want go with drone photography for a virtual walk-through effect, particularly if you are selling a higher end home.
- Remove as many of your belongings as you can in order to reduce clutter, leaving just enough in place for staging purposes. Many people opt to put a majority of their items in storage while the house is on the market.
- You can also enlist the help of a professional home stager to help you make the house look as if it came out of the pages of a magazine. We did this on our first flip project at the advice of our realtor and it probably made a huge difference, in that we had offers (more than one) in just a couple days.
Doing all of this will require an investment up front, but it can all pay off in the long term if you find the right buyer for your Houston house.
Benefits Of A Direct Sale
For people who don’t want to spend the time and money listing, the best option is a direct sale to a reputable buyer.
Houston Westside Home Buyers buys houses in Houston and the surrounding 5-county area and we offer several advantages to sellers.
- You will not have to spend money on repairs or upgrades to the house.
- No need to pay for professional photography or staging.
- No need to declutter or clean anything.
- No need to schedule your life around showings.
- You get the benefit of closing a reputable local title company.
- You use the same Texas state-promulgated contracts that any realtor would use.
- There are no commissions or closing costs to factor in.
- We pay fair and honest prices for houses in the Houston area no matter what condition they are in.
- We can close very quickly on your house, typically within only a week or two.
Alternatively we can allow you more time while you sort out the next move, if you need it.
Not having to worry about if and when a buyers loan will allow them to close will be a major relief. And by closing sooner, the sooner you get out from under all those holding costs, meaning you will save significant short-term cash on utility bills, property taxes, insurance costs, maintenance, and more!
There is no commitment when you get an offer – no obligation, and no pressure. We try hard to provide a transparent process for people that choose to work with us.
Find out if selling your house in Houston to Houston Westside Home Buyers is the right choice for your situation!